The Creatives 2016
Dearest Creatives everywhere,
I see potential in you. I see you with your pocket full of creativity and I have a hard time containing myself. I believe that everyone has a pocket of creativity and I believe it is those of us who dare to take what is in our pockets, look at what was inside, blow on it into the world who will flourish.
It is not about wether you can paint, write, draw, dance or sing. Those are the words we have tagged on to a creative act, yes, but that leaves out other words. There are words like, home, organize, engineer, lawyer, fashion, and cook. These are also creative acts. In fact, look at your life. Your life is a creative act. Because your life is making something.
So this 2016, I am taking a simple concept of what started as a group of women who met up once a month to share good food, wine and conversation about their creative questions, theories, work and more and I am blowing on it as if it was glitter in my hand.
The Creatives is now not just a meet up, but a concept for a way of life. This year I will be offering:
- Monthly Meet Ups: A monthly gathering of creative minded women to meet, listen and share.
- A Book Club: A monthly book club meeting based on living creatively. (4 books over the course of the year.)
- Seasonal Workshops: Four workshops led by creative and inspirational women.
- A Retreat: Info TBA (Mid to late 2016)
- Creative Mentoring Services: A four-step one-on-one program for those who want to boost their creative discovery, life and visions.
The Creatives started small, has grown, became small again, changed and evolved. The size is not the point. The point is for us to take what sparkle of creativity we have in our pockets and blow on it. Give it the chance to catch a breeze and watch it land in a new and exciting location.
Join with me in the chrysalids of "The Creatives".