LIFESTYLE | Spring 2017 Favourite Things
Spring has kept me on my toes and amidst the weeks that have flown by I have found these items have brought joy into my life.
Clockwise from Middle.
2. WE : A Manifesto for Women Everywhere by Gillian Anderson and Jennifer Nadel - I purchased this book to read over the Spring months. It is a beautiful ode to what the elements of living an intentional whole life would look like for any person. It also specifies what it means to also carry womanhood along with these values and is a perfect way to drive home how important values of 'honesty, kindness, grace etc' in life and with each other as women. I will re-read this when I need a boost.
3. Succulent in Mini Planter - The planter painted by my Best Friend Nicole Payzant and daughter Zoë for my birthday. It was such a touching item to receive and filled me with joy to know that they both enjoy time together doing various activities. The succulent is a perfect addition to my spring decor.
4. White Life Factory Water Bottle - I had a light blue bottle that broke when I dropped it without the lid attached. They have since come out with many designs and sizes, but I realized that white is just fine for me. I adore this brand, due to the glass (I don't like metal made bottles that leave an aftertaste of the metal) , and shape.
5. Sephora Face Sheet Masks - A gift from my husband and daughter on Mothers Day. These masks are fun and good to have around when I feel my skin needs a bit of self care.
6. Essie Nail Polish - A new shade for every season is a fun thing to look forward to.
7. Fiction by L.A. Eyeworks Eye Glasses - As a first time eye glass wearer I didn't know what to think, but not that I have these I realize how blurred my vision had become for long distance and TV screens. I love how this pair makes me feel more of myself. I don't feel different. Just more of me.
8. LA LA LAND Film - Growing up I loved collecting movies. It's hard in a culture where media is becoming more and more stored electronically to collect copies. I made the decision as I embraced a more minimalist/intentional life that I would commit to buying and collecting musicals. Musicals are not only a childhood enjoyment for me, but my favourite art form. Having a copy of a musical fills me with joy.