LIFESTYLE | Cocooning
For anyone higher north of the equator this time of year tends to be darker, colder and ultimately a dip in our natural vitamin d exposure from the sun.
Natural Winter State
A friend so perfectly put it:
"I am cocooning like crazy!"
Instead of fighting the cocooning why not embrace it?
Embracing the Cocooning
1. Sitting in the sun by my window and reading whenever possible.
A beautiful underrated healing act for the soul when everything around is dark and wintery.
2. Reading Sherlock Holmes aloud with my husband.
One cannot read this series without hearing the staccato clinical and British tone. Fun for anyone who likes to read aloud.
3. Doing a puzzle.
My mom has many of the puzzles my late Nanny had done. Borrowing a wintery theme and picking away at it here and there is a simple pleasure.
4. Facetiming long distance besties and even close ones while cozy.
Thank god for FaceTime. Nothing like getting tea/coffee/hot chocolate and a snack at hand and having conversation with friends.
5. Exercise videos inside.
Popsugar Fitness, Blogilaties, Yoga with Adrienne are all exceptional workout content online for FREE! If it's too much of a drag to bundle up for the cold, move your hot tush inside. Your body will thank you.
A few out of house ideas:
- attend a hot yoga class
- Eat at a favourite pub/Hyggelit restaurant
- Bundle and walk in nature with a hot beverage
- Ponder and wonder in a local library.
- Visit friends in their comfort zone.